Re: diy microwave alarm

"joe hey" <joehey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5361a337$0$45016$862e30e2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:27:45 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:
>

>>> Let me just say: There is no door in a strawberry field :)
>>
>> There is on a microwave.
>
> Yeah, well, that's what you get when you (Americans) give the devices the
> name of their physical working principle, instead of their function, as
> is customary elsewhere (in Europe): 'microwave' vs. 'microwave oven'.
> (Pun intended :)

You would prefer that Americans were more verbose?

"We're about to be over run!  What should I do?"

American, "Shoot the bastards."

European, "You must first weigh the merits of defending yourself against the
certainty of arrest by agents of the government for both possessing and
utilizing a method of defending yourself against an oncoming attacker versus
the merits of remain alive long enough to do so by making proper and optimum
use of your illegally possessed Webley revolver to strike by explosive
acceleration of a projectile as many as six, or half a dozen if you prefer,
of the oncoming horde depending on your skill, accuracy, and nervous level
to remove some of the threat by use of force thereby ridding the third
planet of this solar system colloquially called Earth and occupied by humans
among a host of other life forms from a harmful infestation some of whom may
be children of descent of unwed parental stock."

Hmmm..  pun-ishment huh?