Re: Klein Tools

On 6/29/2014 7:26 PM, RTS wrote:
> "NickMark"  wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, June 29, 2014 1:23:11 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Has anybody else noted that some Klein tools are not as good as they once
>>
>> where?
>>

>> I have had two or three recently disappoint me.
>>

>> My new needle nose don't seem to cut crisply, the jaws are not the
>> same size
>>
>> at the tip (thickness), the side of one jaw folded back a little already,
>>
>> and the back jaws don't close as nicely on a beanie as my old ones.
>>

>> I also tried a new hole saw from them that is supposed to drill, and
>> cut for
>>
>> standard size knockouts, and then a spring is supposed to eject the plug.
>>
>> Their drill bit just snapped off the first time I used it before the
>> teeth
>>
>> even really started to bite into the steel.
>>

>> A long reach screw driver I bought for adjusting sliding doors, seems to
>>
>> have pre rounded edges on the blades of the philips form.  Its very
>> hard to
>>
>> move a stiff screw without it popping out constantly.
>>

>> They still say Made in USA on them, but this is more like I would expect
>>
>> from older cheap Chinese tools.  On the other hand they may not
>> actually be
>>
>> Made in USA.  Klein has been known to make other things out of
>> country, do a
>>
>> final process in the US, and label them Made in USA in the past.
>
>> Have noticed as well quality is not there anymore
>

> Xlite,  Cresent Tools.    I've been using the same Phillips Drivers for
> over 15 years...
>
> But like you have noticed,  Klien Tools have begun to slip.....
>
> RTS
>

> ---
> protection is active.

Don't let the BS on their website fool you. They have sourced out some
of their tool production to Japan & Taiwan for years. They have closed
and relocated factories for the past 15-20 years. I suspect it is a
union busting move. I believe their newest forging facility is in
Texas...alot closer to Mexico, if you get my drift...

Jim Rojas