Re: 3¢ Per Pound

"NickMark" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:f7f99e99-291a-4bad-9b4e-951f218ba2ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:46:55 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> In the past I've always had the vendor take care of my spent alarm
>>
>> batteries.  No return, but no headache either.  The last couple years I
>> have
>>
>> not been able to do that so the pile is getting pretty big.  I stopped by
>>
>> local recycler and asked if they were interested in paying for them.
>> Yep.
>>
>> 3� per pound.  That won't pay for the fuel in my truck to take them over
>>
>> there much less my time.  What got me was the guy was practically rubbing
>>
>> his hands and chortling when he told me 3� per pound.  So how do the rest
>> of
>>
>> you guys get rid of your old batteries?
>>

>> There used to be a guy who would pickup car batteries listed on
>> Craigslist,
>>
>> but I haven't seen him on for a while.  Still, figured it couldn't hurt
>>
>> post an add to unload them on Craigslist see if one of the scrappers
>> would
>>
>> be interested in them and would pickup.  Atleast if they pickup when they
>>
>> pay next to nothing it won't cost me money to dispose of them.
>
> ADI and Alarmax will take batteries back no charge I drop mine off when I
> pick up supplys and do not let them build up in first place

If I actually drove the 200 miles to ADI or Alarmax to pick up supplies that
might be an option.  I suppose I could schedule a bimonthly trip to Phoenix
so they wouldn't build up.  Should only cost me a few dollars per battery to
get rid of them that way if I valued my time at zero.  I guess the chortling
recycler will get them afterall.