Re: Need Programming assistance on a Notifier SFP-1024 Control

On 07/03/2014 10:20 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "John Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I am receiving 2 daily test signals from the above panel.  Notifier
>> refuses to provide programming assistance, and the manual does not
>> make it clear re: double reporting.  Silent Knight used to have a Must
>> call option, which caused multiple signals, but I figured that out in
>> the 80s.
>>
>> tia,
>>
>> John
>

> Some FACP manufacturers have their panels setup so that they can *only*
> send TWO test signals when monitored.  One on each line.  I don't know
> much about Notifier, but they may be that way.  I have a couple of them
> on Sole Path Cellular and the extra air time is annoying, but I do make
> money on them.  I have alarms dialing my own toll free lines, so extra
> call time is only a few cents per signal on those that are on landlines.

This system is in our LATA so I have it dial into a local phone line.
My concern is the dispatchers having to deal with 2 phone calls every
night.  This is the only one that does this.  No reference is made in
the manual to sending 2 signals every day.  Gee, wait for the next nfpa
72, we'll be getting 4 signals per day, one every 6 hours!

John