Re: diy microwave alarm

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:43:22 AM UTC-4, joe hey wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 20:29:26 -0700, Jim wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Again, I have never seen such a project mentioned anywhere.

>=20
> It is explicitly *not* my intention to re-invent 'the wheel'. That's why=
=20
>=20
> I'm asking for links to successful (hence useful) diy projects, i.e.:=20
>=20
> projects that are completed and available for copying.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Re other-than-human objects: I think those absorb a lot less energy than=
=20
>=20
> humans, except for cows and the likes of course. But then, who wants a=20
>=20
> cow in his strawberry field?

I mention those events and the "re inventing the wheel" because even those =
products that have been designed years ago and developed and improved over =
the years still suffer from false alarms due to these types of environmenta=
l issues. There have been a few of mfgs who have tried to market "electroni=
c fence" devices for residential use but have not been successful for just =
those reasons.

Because of the high rate of false alarms, the usual usage of these types of=
 detectors are in situations where it is used in conjunction with video con=
firmation and on site guard response.=20

Photo electric eyes seem to have a better record but for it to be less fals=
e alarm prone and require less attention,  it can get expensive. The use of=
 multiple beams and a lot of tinkering and adjustment is required to be abl=
e to filter out the many false signal events ..... which, of course makes i=
t more prone to being defeated by someone entering with a purpose. The bett=
er units have fog, snow and other compensation circuitry to help reduce fal=
se alarms. Look at Optex line of products. =20