Re: diy microwave alarm

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:00:41 PM UTC-4, joe hey wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if there are any (I didn't find any using google) do
>
> it yourself descriptions for a microwave perimeter intrusion detector/
>
> alarm?
>

> From the pictures I've seen of opened up ones, the antennas used seem
>
> pretty simple. Electronincs shouldn't be too hard either.
>

> Application is for protecting an agricultural area of about 3 ha, bound
>
> by 6 straight lines and corners.
>

> Has anyone ever come across some useful links?
>

> Would be very helpful,
>
> thanks

Haven't seen any DIY but before you try to re-invent the wheel you might want to consider how you are going to design a microwave perimeter intrusion detector that will ignore bugs, birds, animals, blowing leaves, snow, and plants moving in the wind.

Also, when fooling around with microwave emitters ..... "you can put your eye out".