Re: ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior....

Bob La Londe wrote:
> ADI / Honeywell - Yep, Still a pattern of bad behavior... or atleast
> total carelessness.  I've taken to paying my bill on-line because I
> don't get any bullshit about not receiving or lost checks that way.  I
> record the authorization number, and auto save the verification email
> when it arrives.
>
> So now my bank contacted me telling me they tried to authorize a
> duplicate transaction for the last payment.    Its was for a few
> thousand dollars so it would have overdrawn my account.  If that hadn't
> been the case I might not have known about if for a while.  Ever have
> ADI owe you money?  I have. It takes an act of congress to get it back.
> They won't tell you or even send you a statement showing it either.  I
> think it took me nearly two years to get my money back last time they
> owed me money.  If it wasn't for Vern I doubt I would have ever gotten it.
>
> Even more interesting, I made the payment on the 18th of March
> (on-line), but it didn't hit my bank until Friday the 4th of April.  An
> odd delay with a double charge really raises the hairs on the back of my
> neck.
>
> I am seriously considering that I might finally quit selling the few
> items I can only get from them.  Its sad because sometimes they have
> really good sale deals on other things as well.  I can't afford them if
> they are going to cost me double though.
>
> --
> Bob La Londe
> The Security Consultant
>
> Licenses
> ROC103044 & RCO103047

I haven't bought a thing from them since 2003. And when I did buy on a
regular basis, I paid at checkout. I can see nothing has changed with
their accounting practices.

I have no problems finding anything they sell online for less than 50
percent in most cases, even with shipping costs added. This includes all
Honeywell products. ADI reminds me of buying groceries at a neighborhood
convenience store.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com