Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 01:49:57 -0500, tm wrote:

> You will measure 16.5 volts RMS AC when the load is 45 VA.

Ah. I see. Makes sense. The voltage drops under load.

> Use a 3 amp fuse.

Again, makes sense. That (roughly) equals the rating.

> Can you check the current draw with your meter on AC Amps?

I measured roughly 700Ma to 800Ma AC current out of the secondary
winding when I powered it up and set the alarm and opened a door,
etc.

 http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5542/11080669443_9cb7dbacb0_o.gif
 http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/11080670153_27483d2de9_o.gif
 http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2865/11080574116_6743a084a9_o.gif