Re: Z Wave

On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:19:02 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:19:47 PM UTC-4, NickMark wrote:
>=20
> > On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:52:59 PM UTC-4, Jim wrote: > Anyone usin=
g any Z wave devices? Connect 24 etc etc??? > > > > Have a customer showing=
 some interest in remotely monitoring, controlling his home. New baby on th=
e way so now's the time to up-sell. zigbee and z wave are not power line pr=
otocols there rf transmitters and superior to x 10 and the z wave and zigbe=
e are a mesh system as well so you can get out as far as you like
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Yes, I Know ..... do you have a website that deals with a variety of z sw=
itches and modules etc.? All the alarm companys have are thermostats and do=
or locks. There's got to be a lot more to the lighing control aspect of the=
 protocol.
=20
www.z-wave.com/modules/Products/
=20

> But I'd rather set it up my self without having to pay some alarm equipme=
nt mfg for the privlege of using their product.

You are fine as long as you don't care about remote access