Re: Z Wave

On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:00:07 PM UTC-4, NickMark wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:52:59 PM UTC-4, Jim wrote: > Anyone using =
any Z wave devices? Connect 24 etc etc??? > > > > Have a customer showing s=
ome interest in remotely monitoring, controlling his home. New baby on the =
way so now's the time to up-sell. I have been using the z wave with honeywe=
ll total connect works well easy set up

I don't use Honeywell and also I've got a real problem with these Mfg's try=
ing to get in on the recurring revenue wagon. Pisses me off that they feel =
as if it's ok for them to take income away from the people who buy and prom=
ote their products.

There are systems out there that use Z Wave Zigbe and other protocols that =
don't require having to pay the people that you're buy product from to prov=
ide you with a service that doesn't have to be provided by anyone because I=
T'S ALREADY FREE ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

But anyway ...... I'm just wondering how it compares to other powerline/RF =
protocols. Most other automation systems work most of the time but still ha=
ve their little "quirks" and fits of occasionally requiring you to push the=
 on button again and sometimes again and then it doesn't happen for months.=
=20

Do you have any Z wave in your home? I always try stuff in my home first an=
d then I get to know it inside and out with all it's good ...... and bad fe=
atures. I've been using Insteon for a number of years and it's beginning to=
 fail to operate more and more frequently. I haven't called them (Insteon) =
 on it but I'm thinking it's time to try a newer technology. They just keep=
 adding new components. I don't see any improvements in the transmission en=
d of it.