Re: Ford Transit Connect? Anyone using them?

"NickMark" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Friday, March 1, 2013 1:11:56 AM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
> Good people of ASA,
>

> For my next work vehicle... alarm and camera installations, service, site
> inspections, etc... I was thinking of a 4WD/4x4 with good ground clearance
> to get through Canadian winters, back roads, steep and icy driveways,
> residential construction sites, etc.  Of course, it would also need to be
> large enough to hold a 6' step ladder in the back for everyday use with a
> rack on top for larger ladders for occasional use.
>

> Now, however, I hear that my next vehicle may be a Ford Transit Connect.
>

> Is anyone here actually using these for work?  If so, I'd love to hear
> what you think of them and what you've done to make them work better.
>

> - Chris

There are several business use them around here great in city for getting
around and easy parking  forget use in snow, country roads etc .

Hi,

A 4x4 will not help you on icy roads or driveways, but a 4x4 with studded
tires will. Most provinces do not allow them. I do know that Alberta does or
used to. If you have ever experienced studded tires on icy roads, you will
never want to be without them.