Re: ADI - Policy of Bad Behavior

"Tommy" <Tommy-xspam-@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:krbn5h$4j4$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> mleuck <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:
>> On Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:55:39 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> I should know better.  I just placed an order with them because they
>>> said
>>>
>>> they had everything.  I just checked my orders on-line, and every single
>>>
>>> thing is coming from a different warehouse.
>>>

>>> Company policy of bad behavior.  Sigh.
>>
>> ADI always does that, I guess it's due to the high cost of inventory but
>> I can't tell you how many items I've ordered that came in from somewhere
>> else. And we have the main ADI warehouse not more than 5 miles away.
>>

> That's my biggest problem with them. I made an order with a half
> dozen parts and they all came from different places. All with
> separate shipping charges. Some of the items cost more to do than
> the part.
> --
Hi,

The way to get around shipping charges with ADI is to order them from the
store close to you. You place the responsibility and shipping charges with
them. You will have to pickup at that store the various parts when they do
come in. This is how you can 'escape' their shipping. If you have them
shipped to you, they will ship them from all over and they surely will stick
'you' with all of 'their' shipping charges. Basically, they are putting
'their' burden of shipping back onto the customer.

Another favorite trick of ADI, is when you order their sale items, they
'seem' to have a problem getting them to you before the sale date is over.
Then, when they come in after the sale date expiration of 2 weeks or month,
the salesman's favorite line is " 'The Computer' won't let me bring 'em down
that low, the best I can do now is $XXX." What you have to do is first ask
how much stock they have presently and where the location is (they can find
out which store has what and how many). Then you do have to actually put
thru the invoice. It is best to pick them up also before the sale date. If
you pick them up after the sale date at 'will-call, then that ADI employee
will stick you with an invoice with a higher price...or you will hear "'The
Computer' won't................."

Unless you shop ADI for sales or for special items that only they actually
carry, you will get taken most of the time.  By the way, it is not true that
only ADI sells Honeywell ... and no, I will not uncover that secret to
anyone; just think   'outside'   the   'box'  , and you will figure it out.
'
Hope this has helped someone to beat out that large corporation.