[no subject]

" I wonder why everyone is still using analog" duhhh!

Hi,

I use the analogy of a brand new car, "Mustang" or whatever else you can
relate to, for the customer to more easily understand what is involved in
CCTV. You can explain all day to them what they should use, and they will
remember 1% of what you told them. But most folks understand that with a
nice new car body, that you need a proper size engine to go with it, and the
right transmission. It also needs a big enough gas tank to handle the need
of the engine. The windshield must be clear and clean. I think you get the
point and they usually get the point without understanding anything about
CCTV. You can translate yourself the parts of the car as to how they relate
to the CCTV.

If you use 700 LOR cams, but your recording is at CIF and 30FPS total for 4
cams, there will be no worthwhile evidence for the police. It's junk. You
might see a pretty picture if you have a great monitor, but you will have
worthless recording unless you have a dvr that records 30FPS per camera at
4CIF or D1...and now there is also 960H. After all, customers are getting
CCTV systems for the recording evidence, not to see how pretty everything is
on their screen...but then again, there are some that are just like that.

Megapixel cams come in all flavors. I do not want them in less than 25 fps.
The sensors from one company to the other, as well as the software
associated with each of them, will give you a totally different looking
picture. Arecont has better quality picture than Eyeq. I had a rep from them
that admitted that Arecont had much more better color spectrum.

Basically, we do not do any low quality systems for businesses...you will
look like a fool when the police need the footing. It sure is nice to hear
from them when they get good quality evidence "It's a rap".

There are websites that compare size and quality of recordings and
resolutions. Do a search and you should come up with proper information.
That is the best way to understand. Do not trust a 3rd party salesman,
neither the rep for the manufacturer. 4 years ago or so, I caught red-handed
Arecont Vision having fudged their website pictures for their 360deg cams. I
got a free 180deg cam from the rep for it...and those were not so cheap back
then. You almost have to buy for yourself different cams to be able to
properly compare them.