Re: Portable work surface

I am right there with you.  With current recovery from total knee
replacement and another on the way getting down is not a pretty sight.
Currently I can find a bucket or a stack of construction stuff to put my
plans on so I have a work-around of sorts.

I was considering using a fold-up step stool.  One with at least 3 steps and
the top step being similar to a seat or chair so you could sit down on those
rough days.  That is unless you have a "wide end" of course.  Then a piece
of plywood could be sized right and attached to the top handle with a hinged
leg or legs for support.  The plywood would have some sort of clips or pins
that would match the top of the handle.  All would fold up and fit in your
truck and would easily be set up as needed.

I have not done this myself but I don't see a reason it would not work.
Once assembled it may need some tweaks but they would be minimal.  It might
depend on the height above the floor you would like the 'table' so some
extensions may be needed.  But only a few inches or so.  Could easily be
done with a couple of 2x4's.

Hope that got your brain juices flowing.

If you are interested I could draw it up in a conceptual layout if you can't
visualize the above.  Could send it a .pdf.

Let me know if you actually build one.

Have a good weekend.

Les