Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

Danny D'Amico Wrote:

>Doesn't anyone on the alarm newsgroup know a pass-through supplier?

It is a pain in the ass to become a Bosch (Radionics) dealer.  The alarm
companies that "pass" their standards; and are in a area that doesn't
have too much competition from other Bosch dealers get the seal of
approval to be a certified dealer.

You won't find a "certified dealer" selling parts outright, as you seem
to know.  However, there are ways to get parts.  Most alarm companies
that are not dealers buy through a competitor for parts.  Since you can't
go that route, there are online sites that sell parts.

I did a quick Google search and found one such outlet in 30 seconds. I'll
just post the 1st hit, I have no idea who they are nor have I done
business with them- --- it's just an example.  I'm sure you can find more
if I found one that fast!

Example:
http://obsoleteradionics.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=772

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin