Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

krw@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 19:52:44 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
> <mike.terrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >krw@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> I'm sure it's not new.  It's completely understandable.  Do you
> >> think McDonalds corp. will sell to you for a lousy $100,000 a
> >> year?
> >
> >I have no idea what a McDonalds franchise costs.
>
> http://franchises.businessmart.com/how-much-does-a-mcdonalds-franchise-cost.php
>
>    "How Much Does a McDonald's Franchise Cost?" The McDonald's
>    Corporation requires a minimum of $250,000 of non-borrowed
>    personal resources to consider you for a franchise. In other
>    words you need $250,000 cash on hand to just start the
>    discussion process with McDonald's."

   I have nothing to discuss with them.  I might go there twice a year.
There is at least one closed franchise near here. Boarded up for years.
It's next to a Lockheed Martin factory.  A half dozen other fast food
places are empty, as well. One was only open two months before it
closed.

> >These companies were refusing to sell wire and door switches. Items that other
> >companies begged to sell us, and they carried the same brands.
>
> Their business model.  If you don't like it, buy from the companies
> that were begging for your business.  Some don't take their franchise
> agreement seriously.  Others would rather not risk their livelihood.

   They dropped the minimums after we started buying from their
competition, but their prices were more than double what other vendors
wanted.  Hell, we could buy it cheaper from the OEM, than from some of
obnoxious wholesalers.  In fact, we could buy custom branded sensors for
less than their OTS inventory.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.