Re: DSC 1404 zone doubling

=CE=A4=CE=B7 =CE=9A=CF=85=CF=81=CE=B9=CE=B1=CE=BA=CE=AE, 28 =CE=91=CF=80=CF=
=81=CE=B9=CE=BB=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2013 9:24:03 =CF=80.=CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF=
 =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 JoeRaisin =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=
=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
> On 4/26/2013 12:34 AM, Jim wrote:
>=20
> > On Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:27:24 PM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
>=20
> >> Anyone have an idea how to wire for zone doubling at the new DSC 1404 =
(4-8 zone) panel? Following the schematic diagram its ok but is this the on=
ly way to wire? Cause you have to be a "nuclear scient" in order to do that=
! I mean its completely useless....
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Zone doubling has been around for quite a long time. I have never met o=
ne person that has ever used it. It's not hard to hook up .... you just hav=
e to  use two different EOL resistors. But labling wires and zones has got =
to be pretty detailed to keep the zones organized.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > I don't  use it because I think that if there were ever a problem that =
trouble shooting could be difficult and time consuming. When doing an estim=
ate for a job I just include zone expanders in the price and wire individua=
l zones which keeps things pretty simple.
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've never done DSC zone doubling but have used the Ademco several times.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Basically you have two circuits in parallel - it doesn't work with=20
>=20
> normally open type devices.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> A short on one wire will show up on both zones so to troubleshoot I=20
>=20
> simply meter both wires tied to the zone terminals.  As has been=20
>=20
> mentioned - very good idea to mark the wires clearly, but that has=20
>=20
> always been how I try to mark them.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've been using zone doubling since Ademco came out with it and have=20
>=20
> only had to troubleshoot two sets of zone doubled points and these were=
=20
>=20
> on the same system and water getting into the walls was the issue both=20
>=20
> times - so this house has more issues than a skippy alarm...

I dont prefer zone doubling at all, cause when you have long wires sometime=
s the wire resistor change the zone doubling loop resistor and problems cam=
e up. sometimes you get alarm from i.e. z3 and simoultaneously opens also z=
7 (the doubled zone) and you get confused. I mention about DSC 1404 zone do=
ubling cause my main concern in this type of zone doubling is that it is co=
mplicated a lot. Most of the systems just have to use 2 different values of=
 resistor. In 1404 you use 3 different values and 4 resistors in one loop! =
How they believe in DSC that an installer will trust such a complicated 4 z=
one (small) system?