Re: DSC 1404 zone doubling

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:27:24 PM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
> Anyone have an idea how to wire for zone doubling at the new DSC 1404 (4-=
8 zone) panel? Following the schematic diagram its ok but is this the only =
way to wire? Cause you have to be a "nuclear scient" in order to do that! I=
 mean its completely useless....

Zone doubling has been around for quite a long time. I have never met one p=
erson that has ever used it. It's not hard to hook up .... you just have to=
  use two different EOL resistors. But labling wires and zones has got to b=
e pretty detailed to keep the zones organized.

I don't  use it because I think that if there were ever a problem that trou=
ble shooting could be difficult and time consuming. When doing an estimate =
for a job I just include zone expanders in the price and wire individual zo=
nes which keeps things pretty simple.