Re: Multi Server Brand CCTV Client Software ???

Bob La Londe Wrote:

>I don't know if there is enough demand, but I am wondering if there are any decent multiple brand compatible PC based client programs out there.
>
>There are several for Android and iPhone platforms, but I have not yet seen one for PC. What got me thinking is I use Robert Chou's IP Cam Viewer on my Android all the time for testing a variety of different remote video connections. Digi-Merge, generic H.264, Dedicated Micros, Pelco, etc.
>
>Is there a client software package that flexible for PC or MAC?

You can install Android apps. on a PC.  One way is to install Chrome OS
in a V/M.

You can also use a Raspberry Pi and install the port of Chrome OS made
for it.  Since the Raspberry Pi is so cheap, and runs on 5V it is very
portable and can be installed easily in a vehicle or virtually anywhere.
You can even hide it up in the ceiling, then just SSH into it (but that
will degrade the picture quality significantly).  It does have a HDMI
port out, so it can be hooked to a TV set for easy & cheap viewing.  I
suppose you can use an HDMI extender and run the video signal a long way
over CAT5, and use SSH on a PC to control it.

--

I met a guy today who said he was addicted to brake fluid!
But he says he can stop anytime.