Need help troubleshooting my DSL3060...

I've got a DSC-GS3060 v3.23 installed in February 2012. After a recent storm
and a couple of power outages my alarm panel is reporting a failure to
communicate (FC). The four lights flash from (red on, yellow off, green off,
green off) to (red off, yellow on , green on, green on) and back again to the
first state and so forth in a continuous loop. I've disconnected the internal
battery and removed the panel power and tried to reset the system but to no
result. I've worked with the Alarm monitoring tech support and they want to
send someone out at $95 and hour since the unit is now 2 months out of
warranty. After seeing all of the issue people have had with the 3060 I'm
wondering if it is worth the time to repair or replace or if I should choose
another model?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Josh