Re: Lying Competition

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:11:59 PM UTC-4, ashbur...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Monday, March 25, 2013 8:22:21 PM UTC-6, Chris wrote: > Anyone here ev=
er have issues with other alarm companies - door knockers or real companies=
 - trying to steal your clients by telling them you're out of business, etc=
. > > > > Anything that should or shouldn't be done about them? > > > > - C=
hris As (almost) always, Jim has the =93right=94 idea. Door knockers, bogus=
 calls, loss-leader advertising and many other take-over techniques are par=
t of this business. I probably haven't posted here in ten years, but some t=
hings never change. The alarm business is chock full of people that deserve=
 to be in jail. Stealing accounts through high means and low is rampant. Ye=
ars back I worked for a localized alarm company. The owner was without a do=
ubt the most unprincipled business person I have ever known )except for law=
yers.)=20

A guy named Robert Bass used to hog this forum, he had zero scruples when i=
t came to money. Yet, even he had policies relating to customer service tha=
t far outshone some of the companies doing business. Large nationals seem t=
o attract a fair number of thieves. Don't believe they are any worse than m=
any =93mom and pops.=94=20
Jake~ ps. hi guys :)

Hello Jake,

Not too many left here anymore. Just like  you .... some pop in every once =
in a while.=20

It's a lot nicer here now but not too many newbies come here. I believe tha=
t when people look at the history posts of the group they may think it's st=
ill the same way now as it was back then and just move on. Also, seems as i=
f every mfg, trade mag or anybody who can type with one finger has a websit=
e with a "forum" of some sort.=20

Whatever. There seems to be just enough going on to keep what few of us are=
 left interested. And, for some .... like me .... since I've been here sinc=
e the mid/late 90's ..... it's just a habit to check in to see what's going=
 on at least every few days.=20