Re: Lying Competition

On Monday, March 25, 2013 8:22:21 PM UTC-6, Chris wrote:
> Anyone here ever have issues with other alarm companies - door knockers o=
r real companies - trying to steal your clients by telling them you're out =
of business, etc.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Anything that should or shouldn't be done about them?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> - Chris

As (almost) always, Jim has the =93right=94 idea.  Door knockers, bogus cal=
ls, loss-leader advertising and many other take-over techniques are part of=
 this business. I probably haven't posted here in ten years, but some thing=
s never change. The alarm business is chock full of people that deserve to =
be in jail.
Stealing accounts through high means and low is rampant.=20
Years back I worked for a localized alarm company. The owner was without a =
doubt the most unprincipled  business person I have ever known )except for =
lawyers.) A guy named Robert Bass used to hog this forum, he had zero scrup=
les when it came to money. Yet, even he had policies relating to customer s=
ervice that far outshone some of the companies doing business.
Large nationals seem to attract a fair number of thieves.  Don't believe th=
ey are any worse than many =93mom and pops.=94

Jake~
ps. hi guys :)