Re: Using self contained siren with a siren driver

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:36:02 PM UTC-4, Mike rock wrote:
> I bypassed the circuit board and went directly to the speaker , and it wo=
rks fine now. For some reason I remember when the system was installed 8 ye=
ars ago, there was a distinct siren sound for the fire when the installer w=
as showing me. So I'm pretty sure it was done right. I just was curious bec=
ause I recently started looking at the circuitry and only saw 1 input (yelp=
) into the siren driver.

How can you have an alarm system and not know what sound the system makes w=
hen there is a fire alarm? What happens if it goes off in the middle of the=
 night and no one knows that the sound they are hearing means there's a fir=
e ............ and someone dies?

JEEEEEEZe!