Re: WTB: X10 Powerflash Module

On Friday, September 21, 2012 4:26:36 PM UTC-4, Jim Rojas wrote:
> Jim wrote: > Yes, I ordered a couple from the webpage. They called me a c=
ouple of days later to cancel the order, and promptly gave me a refund. Jim=
 Rojas Technical Manuals Online! http://www.tech-man.com 8002 Cornwall Lane=
 Tampa, FL 33615-4604 813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax Email: jrojas@tech-man.=
com AOL: rojas813 MSN: jimrojas@xxxxxxxxxxx Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 G=
oogleTalk: Rojas813@xxxxxxxxx > > Hey Jim, > > Take a search around for " X=
10 Pro ". A few years ago, I was looking for an X10 out door motion sensing=
 light and ordered one from " X10 " When I got it, I noticed that it didn't=
 have the same spec's as the previous ones I had ordered through ADI. When =
I looked into it further, I found that there were two distinct entities ...=
.. " X10 " ...... and " X10 Pro ", and one doesn't acknowledge the other un=
less you actually ask them. > > As far as the outdoor motion detector light=
, the X10 would only detect motion out to about 20 - 30 feet and the X10 Pr=
o .... out to 60 feet. Neither entity could tell me why there was a differe=
nce in the product. And I think they cost about the same too. Of course one=
 was retail and the other was dealer price. > That is interesting. I do rem=
ember that it was also sold under the Leviton name as well. I was going to =
use zwave, but $80 per wireless siren is not reasonable for the application=
. I like the Powerflash module. It's clean, simple and can be used on anyth=
ing for just about any application. Jim Rojas=20

Just a thought .... but if you locate them, you just might want to buy a fe=
w for the future.=20

Although, if I remember right, the Insteon line of home automation products=
 from Smarthome has different kinds of modules in their line. They might ha=
ve an equivalent to the power flash module.  And  .... although they primar=
ily use the Insteon signal protocol, their modules can also be programed to=
 respond to=20
X10 signals (but they don't make that to apparent). I don't know what the c=
ost difference is between X10 and Insteon.