Re: Detection Systems DS7080oP32 - need installation guide to reprogram / reset access code

On Monday, November 12, 2012 3:09:06 PM UTC-5, G. Morgan wrote:
> RobF Wrote:
>

> >I moved into a new house which has a Detection Systems DS7080iP32 already installed. I just want to be able to use the alarm system without monitoring. Does anyone know how to get the installation manual?
>

> That will be tough to get unless you're willing to pay for it.  Try
>
> http://www.tech-man.com and ask Jim Rojas if he has it.  Bosch protects
>
> their manuals pretty tightly from end-users (and non-Bosch dealers).
>

> The user manual is here:
>
> http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/User_Guide___Instruction_Book_enUS_2505747211.pdf
>

> Keypad manual here:
>
> http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Installation_Guide_enUS_2534873483.pdf
>

> If you can read Swedish, here is an idea of what you're up against (not
>
> your panel though)
>

> http://www.boschsecurity.se/content/language1/downloads/Inst-prog_DS7400V4_rA.pdf
>

> > Or how I should proceed?
>

> One, you'll need the installer's code.  Do you have it?
>

> Two, you need to understand how alarm panel programming works.  It's not
>
> so easy on a Bosch system.  Yours is keypad programmable, but you need
>
> the installers's code to enter program mode and disable the dialer.
>

> It would be easier to call a local alarm company and pay the service
>
> call to do the programming and check the system for you while they are
>
> there.  I wouldn't pay anymore than $100 for that service if I were you.
>

> PS:  The backup battery probably needs to be replaced if it's older than
>
> three years.  Expect to pay about $30 for it.

Thanks for the advice. I had no problem programming my last alarm system from Ademco. It seems to be more difficult to get information for this alarm system. I will try a local alarm company like you advised.

-Thanks