Re: Detection Systems DS7080oP32 - need installation guide to reprogram / reset access code

RobF Wrote:

>I moved into a new house which has a Detection Systems DS7080iP32 already installed. I just want to be able to use the alarm system without monitoring. Does anyone know how to get the installation manual?

That will be tough to get unless you're willing to pay for it.  Try
http://www.tech-man.com and ask Jim Rojas if he has it.  Bosch protects
their manuals pretty tightly from end-users (and non-Bosch dealers).

The user manual is here:
http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/User_Guide___Instruction_Book_enUS_2505747211.pdf

Keypad manual here:
http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Installation_Guide_enUS_2534873483.pdf

If you can read Swedish, here is an idea of what you're up against (not
your panel though)

http://www.boschsecurity.se/content/language1/downloads/Inst-prog_DS7400V4_rA.pdf

> Or how I should proceed?

One, you'll need the installer's code.  Do you have it?

Two, you need to understand how alarm panel programming works.  It's not
so easy on a Bosch system.  Yours is keypad programmable, but you need
the installers's code to enter program mode and disable the dialer.

It would be easier to call a local alarm company and pay the service
call to do the programming and check the system for you while they are
there.  I wouldn't pay anymore than $100 for that service if I were you.

PS:  The backup battery probably needs to be replaced if it's older than
three years.  Expect to pay about $30 for it.