Re: Monitoring Conversion

On Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:41:44 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> On Friday, November 9, 2012 10:53:26 PM UTC-5, E DAWSON wrote:
>=20
> > "G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:772r98h=
uhulf8cqk408p97761t3rk3e44c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > ABLE1 Wrote: > >>Hey all=
, >> >>Sometime ago there was some discussion about a device to assist in a=
 >>takeover of a panel with out having to do any programming. As I >>rememb=
er it was a thingie that plugged in at the RJ31X and would >>communicate to=
 your C/S. >> >>Anyone have a name or model that I can search for?? > > Wit=
h panels being so cheap, I don't know why you wouldn't replace it and > sta=
rt over. That way you *know* it's programmed correctly. > You can go to htt=
p://www.digitaldiverter.com/digitaldiverter.html , but why, why, why would =
you ever want to do that? Find a way to get the owner to pay for it either =
at takeover or over time if you are one of those companies that like to tie=
 up folks. Or, you can go to Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online! at http://=
www.tech-man.com. He can reset a panel for $20. Can you afford $20? So, you=
 can't wait for it, Ok, invest in the type of panel you are needing, $40 to=
 $100 possibly depending on the brand. You put it in the customer's panel n=
ow. Then you send the old board to Jim Rojas, he resets it and sends it to =
you with shipping for $20. Now you have a spare for the next customer, and =
repeat. Now, you can feel like you did the right thing for your customer by=
 actually really reprogramming his panel. Think of someone you really hold =
in high honor and you really cared for; would you install a panel redialer =
in their system? I think not. So go do the right thing.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Sniff sniff.=20