Re: Monitoring Conversion

"G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:772r98huhulf8cqk408p97761t3rk3e44c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ABLE1 Wrote:
>
>>Hey all,
>>
>>Sometime ago there was some discussion about a device to assist in a
>>takeover of a panel with out having to do any programming.  As I
>>remember it was a thingie that plugged in at the RJ31X and would
>>communicate to your C/S.
>>
>>Anyone have a name or model that I can search for??
>
> With panels being so cheap, I don't know why you wouldn't replace it and
> start over.  That way you *know* it's programmed correctly.

You can go to http://www.digitaldiverter.com/digitaldiverter.html , but why,
why, why would you ever want to do that? Find a way to get the owner to pay
for it either at takeover or over time if you are one of those companies
that like to tie up folks.

Or, you can go to Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online! at
http://www.tech-man.com. He can reset a panel for $20. Can you afford $20?
So, you can't wait for it, Ok, invest in the type of panel you are needing,
$40 to $100 possibly depending on the brand. You put it in the customer's
panel now. Then you send the old board to Jim Rojas, he resets it and sends
it to you with shipping for $20. Now you have a spare for the next customer,
and repeat. Now, you can feel like you did the right thing for your customer
by actually really reprogramming his panel. Think of someone you really hold
in high honor and you really cared for; would you install a panel redialer
in their system? I think not. So go do the right thing.