Re: Monitoring Conversion

On Friday, September 7, 2012 1:02:42 AM UTC-4, Russell Brill wrote:
> Do you mean this piece of s**t???=20
>=20
> http://www.digitaldiverter.com/page/page/6747033.htm
>=20
>=20
>=20
> A word from the wise: People that want to switch monitoring service=20
>=20
> providers, but can't seem to get their panel dealer code defaulted, PROBA=
BLY=20
>=20
> OWE their last alarm company MONEY... It's only a matter of time before t=
hey=20
>=20
> screw you too :(
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Good Luck with the takeovers......
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Russ
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
>=20
>=20
> > Hey all,
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Sometime ago there was some discussion about a device to assist in a=20
>=20
> > takeover of a panel with out having to do any programming.  As I rememb=
er=20
>=20
> > it was a thingie that plugged in at the RJ31X and would communicate to=
=20
>=20
> > your C/S.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Anyone have a name or model that I can search for??
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Thanks,
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Les

Not necessarily ! A lot of companies lock boards simply because they can, w=
ith no regard to the fact that the panel is owned by the customer. Somehow =
they think this keeps other companies from "stealing" their accounts. But w=
ith boards being sold to us at around $50 or so, it does little to stop oth=
er companies; however, it does create a problem for new home owners who buy=
 a home with an installed alarm system which they bought with the house, an=
d which is unusable for all intents and purposes without spending unnecessa=
ry money.=20

In most of these cases, the only one getting screwed is the home owner. We =
have one company here in Ottawa called Kodiak security, that makes no secre=
t of the fact they lock all their boards. And they have over 10,000 custome=
rs being screwed that way....

I'm currently working with government officials and pressuring them to make=
 this abhorrent practice illegal, as well it should be...