Re: Eaton Corp. to buy Cooper Industries

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:53:20 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On May 26, 12:00=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Friday, May 25, 2012 9:34:14 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > > "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > You are getting flowers and Algernon is getting smarter?
> >
> > Funny part is most people reading this thread aren't old enough to have=
 any idea what all of us are talking about.- Hide quoted text -

>=20
> I'm a Sci Fi fan... well I use to be.  I spend more time fishing or
> tinkering in my machine shop and reading machining books these days.

I stopped reading Sci Fi when the stories started to include castles, drago=
ns and swords intermixed with spaceships and rayguns.=20

I read lots and lots of Asimov, The Foundation and Robot series. Lot's of H=
einlein, Methuselah's Children and following Lazarus Long in subsequent nov=
els. Stranger in a strange land and Bradbury, A sound of Thunder, Fahrenhie=
t 451, I sing the body electric.=20

I liked the Dune series too.

And I liked most of Arthur Clarks work,except towards the end of his career=
. One of the most memorable was ( for me, anyway ),one by Clark. Not a prof=
ound or popular novel but just memorable because I never suspected what the=
 ending was until I read it. Childhoods End.=20

But now .... like you ... I read technical manuals and spec sheets and rese=
arch equipment for audio video installtions. I still try to watch out for a=
 good Sci Fi movie when I see an advertisement. Some of them are pretty goo=
d. I'm usually more impressed by the special effects nowdays, than the stor=
y line. Most memorable of the oldies is Forbidden planet and This planet ea=
rth.