[no subject]

But note these are mainly wireless SENSORS, not wireless control/
sensors, so different animal.

Back in early 70's I worked with a newly formed company, Compression
Labs, in addition to the normal product line of video compression,
they started to develop a Motorola 6800 based Home Computer as a
competitor to newly formed Apple Computer. As a marketing gimmick they
wanted to add the ability to have a 'wireless' burglar alarm system
and light controller.  Rush and crush development cycle, I designed
and built demonstratable hardware within two weeks. The modules were
'wirelessly' communicating over the AC mains, a novel concept at the
time.  Any module could control up to 500W light and monitor
something, like a switch opening. For simplicity, the light control
simply toggled ON/OFF.  You could not believe the battle for me to
convince software *and* management to add constant checking of the
status of each module to make certain some 'unknown' event had not
inadvertantly toggled a light On to Off, or Off to ON!!  Or, even
perform a double check to prevent a 'false alarm indication!

People seem to forget that a product is more described/used by its
'what-ifs' than by its original product definition! And from
experience, I've found that the what-ifs often take 3 times longer to
control than the time it originally took to develop the Product's
function one set out to create to begin with!

So, with all this IP interface is there any danger of hackers taking
over your stuff?  Some disturbing possibilities with internal security
camaeras!