Re: Need a skilled residential installer in New River, AZ area.

On Jan 13, 12:35=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Robert Macy" <robert.a.m...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > On Jan 12, 5:01 pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> "Robert Macy" <robert.a.m...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

..

> >> I didn't read anything into it, and would have responded, but there ar=
> >> others who are closer than me. =A0I'ld be glad to help you myself, but=
 the
> >> road trip charges would be killer. =A0Fuel just isn't cheap these days=
.

> > I know what you mean, I get 10 mpg and that costs a lot to go
> > anywhere!
>
> > My two fold problem:
> > 1. how to mount to stucco surface and AVOID any water intrusion.
> > 2. exactly where to mount the cameras so the holes for the cables can
> > easily get into the attic without hitting structures that can't be
> > penetrated except with a magnesium torch.
>
> > For a single person installation, it would help to have a wireless
> > monitor to be able to adjust each camera while viewing results! =A0Can
> > you recommend a vendor for such an item?
>
> For network/internet ready installation I use my cell phone. =A0No kiddin=
g.

> Mounting to "stucco" is a no/no. =A0Stucco has zero structural strength. =
=A0If
> the stucco is over sheeting you may be able to get a bite in the sheeting=
,
> but usually its OSB, and OSB is notoriously bad at holding screws. =A0You=
 best
> best is to locate studs behind and set your cameras there. =A0You can usu=
ally
> get atleast two screws in the stud. =A0Seal with painters caulk in the ho=
le
> and under the camera mount. =A0Since you say stucco I assume wood frame
> construction, but I do see a fair amount of stucco over brick constructio=
> as well. =A0In that case its is a little easier. =A0You can set lag ancho=
rs or
> even plastic anchors, but you do have to set them back in the brick.
>
> As to wire routing, that is really going to depend on the specific
> application. =A0If there is a large eve you may find yourself mounting on=
 the
> eve face, and then drilling a hole in the eve face and the wall header to
> slide a piece of conduit through. =A0It is convenient to locate this righ=
> next to trusses so you can screw conduit clamps to the truss to hold it i=
> place.
>
> There are lots of little tricks. =A0Most people won't pay for the time to=
 do
> them, but you can often look at a job from the perspective of how you wou=
ld
> install it, and then work backwards to what you want it to do to find goo=
> compromises.

cell phone?  great idea. don't have one, threw it away,
philosophically..

This home is single floor, wood construction.  I've never seen eaves
like this before. The tile roof has NO gables, completely hipped [if
correct phrase]. The roof slopes down at some angle and extends passed
the outside walls maybe 1 foot.  There is no facia, so to speak.
Intead, from the wall up to the underside of tile is a filet, a sloped
section of wall, at the mirror angle of the roof.  All, with NO
guttering.  The rain simply drips off the tile or cascades out several
feet in heavy rains.  Looks neat from the distance.