Re: Caddx Ranger UDL

On Monday, December 24, 2012 8:59:05 AM UTC-5, NickMark wrote:
> On Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:48:53 AM UTC-5, spyros wrote: > Anyone =
knows which is the software needed to dl an old Caddx Ranger 8600? > > > > =
Thanks in advance! I have all my panels that can do CID doing so and if the=
y can not do CID have them on 4/2 and I have not had problems on Verizon, C=
onsolidated, Frontier, Comcast, Armstrong, Time Warner etc. Digital phone s=
ervice . They have switched most land lines on Verizon to IP switching at c=
entral office so I still have a hard line into home but it is VoIP switched=
 and it works during a power outage and is not dependent on battery like th=
ere FIOS service which is very solid but needs powered by a battery.

I'm having a problem in my area.

When clients switch to Fios I have to go and reprogram the communicators to=
 10 digit dialing.=20

To save some time in case they switched to Fios in the future, while I was =
doing a service call to cable VoIP accounts, I started to program them with=
 ten digit dialing also. I tested it and it worked. Then as I kept doing it=
, I discovered that some of the cable VoIP accounts work with ten digit dia=
ling and some won't. I haven't persued it with the cable company because I =
don't think I'd be able to find anyone who'd actualy know what I was talkin=
g about. But the only thing I can think of is that the difference is in the=
 modem. Some will take ten digit dialing and some wont.

So I've stopped trying to program the cable VoIP clients for ten digit beca=
use I figured that if I test it and it doesn't work I have to change it bac=
k and I've wasted my time. And, what if they have a modem problem in the fu=
tureand the new modem doesn't do ten digit.   Can't win.