Re: another newbie, what to do with this Brinks alarm system?

On Friday, December 14, 2012 5:18:02 PM UTC-5, boble...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Friday, November 3, 2006 1:26:07 PM UTC-4, to...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: > =
Hello, > > I'm new here as well, and have looked for a FAQ for the group an=
d came > up empty, and I hope my question isn't too basic! > > I've recentl=
y moved into a home that has a Brinks alarm system > installed, looks to ha=
ve been installed in 2004. We opted not to > continue the rather pricey mon=
thly monitoring service given the > neighborhood, and the proportion of tim=
e we spend at home. (The prior > owners I'm told were working out of the co=
untry and had it installed > due to their absence). > > Anyway, we have all=
 this hardware, wired door and window sensors, > other sensors labeled as "=
PIR" devices (passive infrared if my > research is to believed?) inside the=
 control box that I assume are the > motion detectors I see up on the walls=
 of various locations in the > house. I'm thinking there's got to be a way =
to put all these goodies > to use with a do it yourself sort of setup that =
maybe could leverage > an internet or phone connection to call my cell phon=
e in case of > trouble. > > The main box of the alarm has a circuit board t=
hat's about 8x4" with > no real identifying marks on it. I would have to as=
sume I'd have to > get a new controller board for the DIY system and then j=
ust re-use all > the existing sensors? > > Anyone with experience doing the=
 same? > > Thanks for any insight or advice, or a pointer to some good jump=
start > resources for reading/research. > > Best Regards, > Todd The thing =
with security systems is that you never know when you need one. Best to be =
safe and protect your family. Just call and have them reconnect the service=
. It's relatively inexpensive, in my opinion. http://reviewhomesecuritysyst=
ems.com

WTF!

Don't people look at the frikin date of a post anymore?

The OP is probably divorced, remarried and living in another state by now a=
nd owns a whole new alarm system.