Re: Scalable Video (90 Channels) NVR

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:QQc%r.566$X25.230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Recommendation?  Everything I am finding really quick maxes at 32
> channels. I can tell the customer that scalability requires adding units I
> guess...
>
> Also, I am looking at bandwidth usage for MP+ IP cameras and the data load
> is staggering.  I am thinking secondary network with a router connecting
> it to the primary network is necessary if you have more than a few
> cameras.

The customer specified:

6 cameras to start
Equivalent of 2MP resolution view and record
30 days minimum storage
Scalable to maintain specs up to 90 channels.

They did not specify IP or NVR, but I don't know any way to do it without
going that way and sticking strictly with H.264 and keeping it down around 5
frames.  I am still limited to telling them to buy more NVRs for each 32
channel block.

Even with H.264 at 5 frames we are looking at 92.7 Mbps plus overhead by the
time they meet full scale.  If they demand higher frame rates on motion it
goes through the roof.