Re: Arizona Alarm Association?

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 10:36:37 AM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:07:46 PM UTC-7, Jim wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:56:16 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>

> > > That's one I haven't been tele-marketed by before. Who the heck are they and are they any better than the other beer and bowling club?
>

> > Just a side note, I just read that Arizona just initiated alarm installation company licensing, so maybe it has something to do with that.
>

> > I was surprised.
>

> > Somehow,I woulda thought that they already had licensing. Hard to believe that the politicians hadn't tapped the cash cow long before now.
>

> I hold two contractor's licenses, but the only "alarm" licensing is by municipality.  More of a trade specific city business license.  I had not heard anything about Az starting separate alarm licensing.  I guess I better look into it.

http://www.securitysales.com/channel/business-management/news/2011/02/17/arizona-lawmakers-to-consider-statewide-alarm-license-bill.aspx

Interesting.  I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the text of the bill.  The Tucson Alarm guy does seem to share my general opinion about licensing and associations being all about helping the big players screw the smaller players.