Re: need camera recommendation

"DavidK" <DavidK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:m4obp7pn1v1hno4qfaptq5opdceq3na41k@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:53:20 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>>And remember that useable IR range is much less than the IR range
>>advertised.
>>

> Been there, done that.  I dunno how these people get away with such
> blatant BS in their infrared specs.
>
> I've been running a homemade PC-based system for about a decade.  I'm
> looking for a decent hardware-based solution to motion detection
> instead of software.  Also looking for the best value in quality gear.
>
> Sure could use some recommendations for short range gear -- 50 to 75
> foot max.

Look at Security Cameras Direct as others have said.  Their ranges are no
worse than anybody else's, and they probably all buy their cameras in the
same factory in China.

As to recording.  Sorry.  I have played with Pelco, Dedicated Micros, Geo
Vison, Falcon, and several others.  Video motion detection pretty much
sucks.  I turn it on and set the recorders to record continuously anyway.
Then I just bump the record rate and camera priority on motion activation.
Then I set sensitivity the best I can.  Early morning and later afternoon
will give you false triggers no matter what you do.

My only real criteria is for a recorder is the warranty and if it provides
an evidence quality watermark.  Everything else in the spec list is
negotiable based on customer demands and price.