need camera recommendation

One of the family just passed on and we apparently are having some
threats of violence from different family factions.  I've been out of
the security scene for several years -- so I'm trying to research the
best value in cameras and DVRs.

For the cams, low light/no light performance to 50-75 feet is
important.  Motion detection is also important.  I have had real
problems in the past with motion detection.  I'm thinking motion
triggering by external or internal PIR would probably be the best tech
to eliminate false triggering.  Or can you recommend something better?
Most likely need 10 to 12 cameras and was hoping to stay less than 250
per camera unit.

On DVR's, just need a good value item that works without a lot of
bells and whistles.

Sure would appreciate any recommendations.......