Re: Filing Cabinets That Use Electronic Access?

On Sep 29, 4:54=A0am, "W" <persistent...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been looking for years for any vendor that makes a high quality
> office filing cabinet that allows access by a programmable passcard syste=
m.
> Keyed access as a backup is fine.
>
> I want this because keys get lost, and you end up with so many keys for s=
> many cabinets that it becomes hard to track them all.
>
> As obvious as this application is, I have looked for years for this and
> cannot find it. =A0 =A0I have tried various locksmiths and asked them to
> retrofit Hon brand lateral cabinets, but all of them claim they don't kno=
> how to do it and the locks are hard to match to the cabinet.
>
> I want to check back once a year to see if any manufacturer has decided t=
> enter the 21st century yet. =A0 =A0 =A0Does any manufacturer have a unit =
close to
> what I describe?
>
> --

This is not an "electronic" cure but if security is required, both
keyed and keyless locks are not that secure. Some one can always copy
a key or pass the digital code on to someone not authorized. I've seen
some of my clients have removeable metal bars with lock hasps welded
to the front of the cabinets and padlocks are used to lock up. Every
so often the padlocks are thrown out and replaced with new ones. Don't
know if this would apply to you or not.