Re: Bad port on DVR weird trouble shoot

Nick,   we got a similar   problem  at a city pool complex..

DVR and 3 cameras are on one power source (220v 2 phase)
and 9 other cameras are on another power source (440v 3 phase, Delta wired
transformers)

it seems after each little power surge  they loose several cameras or DVR
ports..  ( go figure , LOL)
I've told the Boss  repeatedly  to pick one power source  and tie everything
together off it..

But after 4 years, nothings been changed..  and after 6 to 10 cameras each
year being replaced..

Go figure,  some people.....
RTS

"nick markowitz"  wrote in message

On Sep 17, 10:00 pm, "Just Looking" <S...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If there is a separate power supply for each camera I have seen that type
> problem before.
> If you get rid of the ground on the A/C plug to the DVR or to the camera
> (or
> camera power supply) that can help. There is also a thing called a ground
> isolation transformer to take care of the problem. However if you're into
> the Nuvico priced stuff that would be out of the question to solve it with
> that.http://stna.resource.bosch.com/documents/TC8235GIT_DataSheet_enUS_T30...
>
> "nick markowitz" <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > CCTV system i put in couple years back has been working fine and
> > customer called to say cameras pictures rolling all over them selves.
> > Get there and  looks like AC feeding into video find camera 3 causing
> > problem so I isolate it and start testing and camera is not bad but
> > here the port on DVR is bad.  First time I have seen this usually the
> > port  just goes dead on a DVR not doing the rollover thing. its a
> > EV4000 Nuvico and first time I have ever had a problem with any of
> > there stuff  in over 5 years  of installing there cameras and DVR any
> > one else run into it?

He only has 3 cameras so I moved the camera to the unused port to
solve the problem. for now like I told him by time he is ready to add
a camera it will be time to get a new DVR the way prices are coming
down in cost.
I had surge protection and UPS  on DVR  and had a ditek surge
protector on  the inputs to ports plus common power supply etc to
prevent problems as there on top of a hill
But they had a lightning strike nearby that effected neighbors so was
that cause? who knows. strange it would only bother one port.

I had a problem at a mini storage facility where couple cameras where
always going out but solved it with isolation transformers after we
realized the power source for the cameras was coming from a separate
derived  power source
after we traced and found it was coming from a separate power line to
property. Owner did not realize utility was feeding his property  that
way. as he only got on unified bill.