Re: Once Upon a Time Thread

"G. Morgan" <G_Morgan@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:s6o497dh1k5q22bufdul3nbpcddict4uht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> nick markowitz Wrote:
>
>>> Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that
>>Who was a strong independent type entrepreneur who came up with an
>>great idea for a new type of alarm device.
>
> But the economy had shifted from a manufacturing type, to an information
> and 'paper' type.  The device had to be made in China to compete
> price-wise with similar items.  Also, the dealer had to hire a lawyer to
> try and patent the damn thing; while waiting 3 years for a UL listing.
> After spending $500,000 on R&D, prototype dev., legal and agency
> certification no distributor will sell the thing.  Installer takes
> shitty job @ ADT in defeat.

I have paused a few days to see what would happen, next.  And it would seem
this little experiment has shown a few interesting facts.  Well maybe that
not that interesting but at the very least it did demonstrate how some here
on ASA do things.

1) only some can follow the rules
2) very few can envision the humor of writing a good story one line at a
time
3) some do not want to collaborate and decided to write a paragraph with an
ending

Now I fully expect to be flamed here and that is ok.  At least it is the
tradition of ASA.  So be it.  I guess it best to leave a sleeping (or dead)
dog lie.  I digress.

Les