Re: Bass' online DIY store

It is possible to purchase health insurance to protect one's assets.
If one is penniless when one dies, he can take the same amount into the next
world as a rich man can.
I don't think Bass was ever denied any meaningful health care. Between SSI
and Medicare and Medicaid I believe that the U.S. Government ended up with
the tab for his health care bill if and when he was indeed penniless. The
downside is of course you have to be without assets to qualify. Perhaps that
is what irked Bass about the U.S. system when he talked to you about it.
Weather he would have been better off in Canada, who knows? He might have
died richer, but he probably would have died considerably sooner. Take your
pick.

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sep 28, 3:46 am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 9:42 pm, cha...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Just curious as to whether his business is still functioning without
> > him.
>
> Was it functioning WITH him?

RHC: Mark, that comment is beneath you.....

I was speaking to Bob two days before his death. His business was
doing great until his health care costs bankrupted him. He died
penniless - bankrupted by your American style health care. The US has
some of the best health care in the world; unfortunately no one can
afford it....

If the US would reduce their bloated military budget by even 1%,
they'd have enough money available to provide a minimal and decent
level of health care for all citizens. But it seems no one there wants
to pay for benefits for others who are seen as not deserving of them.
Our socialized health care system is far from perfect, but I'll take
it any day over yours. And for those who don't agree, wait until you
need help and see if your tune doesn't change...

flame suit "on"