Re: UL approved??

> Just curious, is it fact or fiction that Comcast Digital Voice is not UL
> approved for commercial fire applications??
>
> TIA
>
> Les

false UL does not approve phone line types.
 Comcast is considered a public switched network IE telephone
company   per NFPA 72 definition there for it is usable for commercial
fire but the box providing dial tone would best be backed up with a
UPS to ensure 24 hr availability of dial tone.

Thanks Nick,

That is very interesting.  I was told by a tech for another company that it
was not accepted and that the owner would have to go to cellular in order to
comply with UL standards.

The plot thickens.

Les