Re: NetTalk Duo VoIP

On Mar 22, 10:52=A0am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Troubleshooting Tip:
>
> The loss of dial tone with a cable ISP would seem to be a DNS block by
> your provider.
>
> Changing the DNS will help the issue:
> =A0>Primary: 4.2.2.2
> =A0>Secondary: 4.2.2.1
>
> Going to WAN setup:
> =A0>Disable SIP ALG
> =A0>Enable DMZ for netTALK device with netTALK's IP.
>
> Port forwarding:Label netTALK
> =A0> ALL ports set to UDP
> =A0> 5060 - 5060
> =A0> 69 - 69
> =A0> 10000 - 20000
>
> Make sure to restart the netTALK device by unplugging the power and
> plugging it back in.
>
> Thank you and sorry for any inconveniences,
>
> NetTalk Tech Support
>
> Jim Rojas
> Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
> 8002 Cornwall Lane
> Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> 813-884-6335
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...@xxxxxxxxxxxx ---

RHC: I  "reserved" the Duo IP address within the DHCP pool of my
router and opened the DMZ zone to that particular local IP address.
Should solve any dial in problems. The Nettalk unit itself is password
protected so that's all any hacker will ever see.

In searching the Nettalk forums, I did find one alarm dealer who
claims the unit doesn't kiss off properly using Contact ID or SIA, and
he had to fall back to either 4/2 or 3/1 to make it work. Yet your
experience seems to say otherwise. I haven't yet done the connection
and testing to confirm one way or the other,so...we'll see...