Re: QWEST Still Sucks

On Mar 4, 1:42=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 12:44=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Yesterday I did a move for a client from one suite in a complex to anot=
her.
> > They ordered a new phone line for the new suite. =A0(not sure why) =A0A=
nyway, I
> > could not find the prerun wire from their new suite in the phone room w=
ere
> > the demarc is. =A0The new phone line was there clearly marked on a new =
block.

> > It bothered me until I got out my ladder and a flashlight to look up in=
 the
> > ceiling. =A0The feed wire to that suite went into a conduit which I cou=
ld see
> > went down a wall into a nearby utility room. =A0I had building manageme=
nt come
> > out to open the utility room for me. =A0I expected to find a cross conn=
ect
> > board, but nope. =A0There was a whole-nuther demarc. =A0Coming down the=
 wall was
> > the feed wire from the clients suite. =A0Says telco property on the dem=
arc,
> > more than a dozen lines are connected there, and its obviously fed by a
> > telco provided underground cable.
>
> > No problem I thought. =A0Call Q-Worst and explain that they had install=
ed to
> > the wrong demarc. =A0The first CS rep decided I was high, that it was
> > installed correctly, and that it was the customer's fault for not hirin=
> > Q-Worst to install wire and jacks. =A0(Wire and jacks that already exis=
ted in
> > perfect working order.) =A0After going back and forth on the phone for =
nearly
> > 30 minutes arguing with the first genius I got switched to another.
>
> > It took nearly 30 minutes for the second genius to decide to send someb=
ody
> > out, but he still argued that Q-Worst had installed it to the correct d=
emarc
> > inspite of the fact that a previous business in that suite had Q-Worst
> > service from that demarc. =A0I even looked them up in a directory and f=
ound
> > their old listed number marked on the block covers in the demarc. =A0Q-=
Worst
> > will have a field tech out sometime today between 9 and 5, and they sti=
ll
> > may not do anything according to genius number 2.
>
> > Sigh.
>
> > Any Q-Worst reps reading this take offense? =A0Good. =A0Maybe you will =
fix the
> > problem of blaming all your mistakes on other people, and just start fi=
xing
> > your mistakes. =A0Maybe train your techs to understand that those of us=
 who
> > are personally responsible for our performance actually know what we ar=
> > talking about. =A0I doubt it, but we can hope.
>
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> > Robert (Bob) J La Londe III
>
> "That's" ..... the key to it. It seems hard to find people who take
> personal responsibility. I'd guess it comes from all of the mergers
> that take place nowdays, as compared to when it wasn't so common.
> Employees become just numbers as they get absorbed and absorbed again
> and again and allows them to be able to just show up for work in order
> to get paid. If they do just passable work and get away with what they
> can get away with, they're still going to get paid and it's likely
> someone else will be called in to fix their mistakes.
>
> Yet ...... one of the factors that lead me to go out on my own was
> because I couldn't do that. I never wanted to be criticized for doing
> bad work. So it would seem that .... those people who will or do take
> responsibility for what they do, don't work for organizations that
> tolerate or foster it. Or ..... as a matter of fact,..... I know of
> incidents where organizations that do tolerate it, actually "won't"
> tolerate someone who is innovative and responsible. They just don't
> fit in the mold because they disrupt the "flow".
>
> So .... it would seem that this =A0is one of the key differences between
> the entrepreneurial business and big companys.

I have a customer who paid Verizon for always up service on his T1
circuit because they are freight forwarders there phones have to be
on. they spent $20,000 on generator etc.
so they can stay running during emergency's and 3 different times they
lost power generator came on
lights computers etc all fine  no T1 Verizon  for either them or local
hospital.
Talk about pissed especially since they and hospital pay extra for
always up. service.
Verizon never bothered to replace bad batteries at there central.
needless to say them and hospital got hold of Verizon execs and it was
corrected but it never should have come to it.

Then there's Consolidated by me the worst of the worst.