Re: Who's blog is this ?? --- Security related

On Jun 19, 6:45=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 1:18=A0pm, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > G. Morgan Wrote:
>
> > >http://homesecurityalarminfo.blogspot.com/2011/01/2gig-technologies-g.=
..

> > >Wednesday, January 5, 2011
> > >2GIG Technologies Go Control Wireless tries to look high tech
> > >I just stumbled across an article about someone (Who will remain
> > >unnamed) within the security alarm industry and his move over to 2gig
> > >technologies.
>
> > Personal attack.
>
> > >This prompted me to do a little research on the company.
> > >It seems the gang over at APX are using it so it must be crap... or at
> > >least cheap.
>
> > Company attack.
>
> > >Cheap does not always mean bad so I looked a little further. Well, fir=
st
> > >of all, the security alarm portion of the 2Gig Go Control system is
> > >completely wireless.
>
> > Yes, but there's more to the story. =A0Hardwired zone modules can be
> > incorporated then re-sent over a wireless transceiver. =A0The modules h=
ave
> > 8 zones a piece.
>
> > >Not good touchscreen or not.
>
> > What?
>
> > >Looking a little further, 2Gig is touting the 2 gig technologies Go
> > >Control as a complete home automation system stating "Make any home a
> > >smart home." I will be the first to admit smart home technology is
> > >highly overpriced for what it is. The thing is, cheap Home Automation
> > >"Solutions" such as the 2Gig Go Control bring back nightmares of X-10
> > >and what they were trying to do.
>
> > It uses Z-Wave, not X-10, for automation devices.
>
> > >So what is the 2Gig Go Control you ask. Well, from initial review, I s=
ee
> > >it as nothing more than a souped up DSC Alexor, GE Simon, Paradox
> > >Magellan, Alarmforce, Honeywell Lynx, Snif or any of the other wireles=
> > >wannabe security alarm system pieces of trash.
>
> > This is the entire technical review of the system?
>
> > >I really wish the alarm
> > >manufacturers would get a grip on reality and realise security alarms
> > >are serious business. Security alarm systems are not toys, security
> > >alarm systems need to be able to withstand the attack of a potential
> > >intruder. A transistor radio sized box mounted on the wall by the fron=
> > >door and containing the entire 'Brains' of your security system is not
> > >real security. I don't care how fancy you make it and how many functio=
ns
> > >it can do, this type of wireless 'security alarm system' is just a
> > >fancier toilet alarm. It just looks a little nicer before the would be
> > >intruder steps on it, rendering the 2gig technologies Go Control home
> > >automation security alarm control panel totally useless when compared =
> > >its' hardwired counterpart.
>
> > Pure opinion and ranting. =A0This has nothing to do with a "review".

> [...]

These cheap self contained systems are good for certain applications
like kiosks vacation home /cabins etc I always try to hide them out of
site so they can not be easily attacked and arm disarm with remotes.
they have there place but are by no means a top notch product