Re: First Alert FA1220C

On Jun 14, 12:06=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 8:30=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > No it is a Vista-40 clone, totally different animal as far as
> > > programming. Slight chance it may not work with standard Ademco
> > > keypads but otherwise not proprietary-
>
> > Thanks anyway .... but I contacted the installing company and since
> > the system hasn't been on line for over 5 years, they said that they
> > discard the files and don't keep track of the installers code. ( hard
> > to believe ... but)
>
> > So ..... as it turns out I can get a Napco 1632 in there and not have
> > to deal with an Ademco product.
>
> Even if you stuck with the Ademco panel it isn't hard to get around
> the unknown installer code, the only way to lock those panels out is
> to do it with a downloader-

Well, I[m going to give it a try but when I first contacted the alarm
company they said they could download the panel and default the CS
info. But when I told them that it hadn't been monitored for over 5
years, thats when they said that they destroy the files. I can't
imagine that they couldn't download it if they really wanted to
but ..... .... say Levy. ( why do people always say ..... say Levy? I
could never figure out why I should ...say Levy. Maybe it's a Yiddish
saying)