Re: IP network CCTV

On Jun 6, 11:03=A0am, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > I was just asked by someone about installing a CCTV camera
> > system ...remote accessable.
>
> > Here's the situation. It's in a condo.
>
> > Mom lives on second floor in one unit. Daughter lives on second floor
> > unit right next door. Mom has a hired care giver for most of the days
> > during the week. If daughter wants to check on Mom or caregiver she
> > has to run down the stairs from her unit and up the stairs to Moms
> > unit. Daughter would like to check up on care giver and Mom without
> > making the stairway trip. Son would like to check up on mom from work
> > and from his home occasionally and also when daughter is not at home.
>
> > I thought that since they were right next door to one another a Wi Fi
> > camera system would work. I'm presuming that an " N " series router
> > with =A0two frequency capability would penitrate a cement brick wall if
> > they were close enough to the wall. ( any thoughts or experience with
> > that)
>
> > Has anyone here tried a Wi Fi CCTV system that they could steer me
> > to ....... or away from?
>
> > TIA
>
> No disrespect Jim, but where have you been? =A0Internet access to DVRs ha=
> been around for a while. =A0I think I did my first setup 8-9 years ago, a=
nd I
> wasn't one of the first by any means. =A0That's just when it started to g=
et
> affordable.-

Heh heh heh ..... No offense taken.

The fact that the clients don't want to actually record anything and
they live right next door ........ is the reason I thought of a Wi Fi
camera system.  I've never used one so I thought I ask here.

I can set up a DVR with no problem.   Well .... sometimes port
forwarding gives me a problem because I don't do many CCTV systems,
but muddling through and a call to tech support usually gets me
through it. I can do Linksys pretty good now but every once in awhile
I'll get someone who's got a Tonka Toy router and no directions, setup
disk or password . I've even gone out to Office Depot and contributed
a Linksys router to the job, so I could get the fricking job done.
It's cheaper to spend the $69.00 for the new router than futz around
with the Tonka Toy for 2 hours.