Re: Internet Explorer and Security Cam DVR Systems

On 07/26/2011 12:11 PM, G. Morgan wrote:

>> What functions do I lose by not using Internet Explorer?
>
> All of them except just a live picture.
>
> Most need an Active-X applet for full control.  Also, let's say you
> install Windows in a Virtual Machine. DO NOT UPGRADE TO IE9.  Most DVR's
> Active-x control will not run on IE9.

I have Win SP Pro on my machine at work.  The Linux DVRs refuse to show
anything except the sign-in page using Firefox.  I guess the Active X
doesn't work with Firefox.

But IE 6, 7, and 8 work fine once you allow the Active X installation.

technomaNge
--
"Everything is changing. People are taking the comedians seriously and
the politicians as a joke."

~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935