Re: yea...finally found a free way back here

On Jul 20, 8:22=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RHC: Ironical isn't it that while RLB was here, the newsgroup was
> vibrant, sometimes quite thoughtful, but always controversial. Since
> his death, the newsgroup is a mere shadow of what it was before.-

I don't think irony has anything to do with it. I also don't think
vibrant is the appropriate description of what ASA was. My description
was ..... a cesspool out of which you could occasionally pick out
diamonds. On that description, then yes ..... I can agree with you
that it is a shadow of what it was before. However, way too many good
people are gone and it is understandable why they would not think to
return. You'll remember, I contributed to that end. Had I known that
it would end the way it did, I certainly would have been content to
wait. As the saying goes .... there are people that make things
happen, people who watch things happen and people who don't know what
the fuck happened. I'm in the first category. I'm reasonable to a
point. I've lived long enough to know what is reasonable and what is
not. When a situation goes beyond all reason, I'm not a nice
person .....anymore.

As far as todays condition of ASA, I think that Mark is probably
right. The end of the source of ASA's long standing bad and
controversial reputation just happened to coincide with the advent of
Blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other communication forums. and thus the
lack of popularity of Newsgroups. You can go to just about any trade
magazine, manufacturer, distributor ...... whatever's web site and
join in a conversation about any aspect of this trade. All the
magizines publish blog or forum correspondence in their letters to the
editor columns .... so anyone can make his opinion heard or be
considered,  very easily now days.

I don't know if it's noticable or not, but every time I sense a
prolonged lull in ASA, I try to pose a question that might raise some
feedback or incite some posts. Sometimes it works. I might suggest
that you try that also. ASA's demise is written on the wall. It's only
a matter of time before it's only me and you left. And the last post
will be ...... hey there sonny, do I know you ?  Eh?   whatchsay?
Speak up?

OH the HUMANITY!